I love a good bread. I mean cake. Well, bread-cake. For breakfast or morning/afternoon tea. Freeze the leftovers in one serve slices, defrost and pass them up to the #railmeat. This is classic Sunday night baking-for-through-the-week-work-meals or weekend racing!
- 125 g of Zucchini (grated)
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing the tin
- 2 large eggs whisked
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups of plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda or bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup dried prunes
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and lightly flour a loaf tin.
Combine the oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat strongly, until pale and creamy. Stir in zucchini until blended.
In another bowl, stir flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, prunes and walnuts. Add the flour mixture to the zucchini mixture and fold until just combined.
Bake for 50-60 minutes at home or a bit longer on your boat oven, or until a skewer comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out on a rack to cool completely.
Serve as is, or for a decadent breakfast fry in butter!